Thursday, October 28, 2010

10/28/10: Coming To The End of Our Journey

Today we had absolutely nothing on the agenda, so today was our day of rest. (And our last day in India) I took advantage of our free time by cleaning mine and Steve's hotel room, and organizing my suit case in preparation for our flight back to London tomorrow. For dinner tonight, we took a rickshaw to a nice restaurant. Cramming four people in a rickshaw is uncomfortable, but it's an experience you have to have being in India.

Well, as you all know this amazing experience is drawing to a close. I've been away from home for twenty four days, and only two days are left until I'll be back home in Tennessee. This trip has definitely been a truly life-changing experience, and I can say that I'm really not ready for it to be over so soon at all. I'd like to thank my grandfather, Jim Rugh, so very much for giving Steve and I the chance to see a few portions of the world and get a taste for it's various cultures. He gave us the adventure many dream of, and few as young as we are actually get to go on. I know we are so abundantly lucky to have a grandpa like Jim.

So, being my last post from India, I'll end it with a few various photos.


Taken by grandpa.

This is Hindi.

Flag Hill

The Taj Mahal.

An Indian sunset.

Us and grandpa's classmates.


An Indian woman.


In a village, the girl next to Steve is my age,

-Jessica

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT. Sorry for you that the trip is almost over, but happy for us that you are coming home:)

    ReplyDelete