Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/10/10: Vienna, Austria

Early today our crew departed from Prague by train. The ride was about five and a half hours long, but it was nice getting some time to simply relax and watch the scenery pass us by. We arrived in Vienna, Austria at about 3:25. The hotel we are staying the night in is very nice. Its name is Hotel Allegro.




 At 6:00 we went out and ate a nice dinner, then went to Palais Ausperg to see a classical concert preformed by the Vienna Residence Orchestra. I must say that the concert was absolutely amazing, and the best classical concert I have ever been to. (Besides Ben's of course.) The orchestra played several songs from both Mozart and Strauss, so all the music was pretty familiar. I'm very thankful Grandpa took us all to watch it, and to Benjamin who helped me pick out which concert to see. :) What a privilege to be able to spectate such a wonderful performance in Vienna itself. 



After the brilliant concert ended, Steve, Grandpa, Grandma, and I walked around the streets of Vienna to see as much of it as we could in the short amount of time we have here. You can really tell his is the heart of classical music as we know it.



Tomorrow morning we are departing Vienna by train to go to Switzerland, yet another stop along out adventure though Europe.

-Jessica



2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh...Vienna~my ultimate destination (besides heaven of course:) I'm so glad you were able to go to the concert....however, Ben is just a little green w/envy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concert was absolutely amazing! I was wishing he could be sitting next to me listening to it too, I'm sure he would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete