Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/11/10-10/12/10: Innsbruck, Austria

Okay, last entry I made a mistake. We were going to Innsbruck, Austria, not Switzerland on that day. (Of course now I'm headed there, but I had gotten the dates mixed up.)

Yesterday, which was Monday the eleventh, we had to get up at 6:30am to get ready to catch a train going to Innsbruck. Getting up early isn't too hard for me, (Its a different story for Steve.) but I had gotten little sleep that night, so I can say that I did not really enjoy doing so.


A view from the train.

We boarded a train at 8:44am. At 3:30 we got off at a station in Sandburg in order to get on a different train that would take us the rest of the way to Innsbruck. We successfully arrived at our destination around five, and then got settled in our five star hotel. (Which is called the Grand Hotel Europa)

A beautiful room.
A bathroom any girl would dream of.

Innsbruck is a small, yet elegant, town in the Austrian Alps. Just as in Vienna, we tried to see as much as it as we could in our short time being there. In under 24 hours we managed to walk though the beautiful and relaxing Imperial Gardens, take a breath-taking tram ride to the top of one of the mountains surrounding Innsbuck, view the Alpenzoo, and gorge ourselfs on the food there. Oh, and I don't think I mentioned this before, but everywhere we have been previously would charge you for using a public washroom, in Innsbruck it's free. :)

A view from the town.


A giant chess game.

The Imperial Gardens.

Looking down from a mountain top.


On top of the mountain.



Right now I am on a train bound to Zurich Switzerland. I'm starting to feel like Harry Potter with all the trains. :)

That's all for now.
-Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jess.....your pictures don't look real! Is it really as beautiful as it looks? The mind just can't believe things that gorgeous exist. Thanks so much for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's even more beautiful that it looks in the pictures. :) It's truly breathtaking. You're welcome, thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete